View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #5
ChevyRacefan

Question Re: 60 gal compressor garage piping size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I've got some cheap version of rapidair in my shop to have three hose connection. It has worked well but probably not as good as the rapidair system.

Also, I have dealt with compressed air systems professionally quite a bit in almost 30 years working industrial stuff. I was asking a certified expert once on line size and his response I will never forget. He said, "Nobody has ever complained about an air line being too big, but they always complain about the ones that are too small."

It comes down to economics for the most part. A 1" main system with 1/2" to 3/4" drops should run most hoppy shops.
I, after tex fire posted the link, played around with their design page and then the computer builds your set up and list parts and prices. Making the pipe smaller. did not drop the price enough to do that. After removing some of the parts/pieces , I won't need that their system automaticly added.
Like ball valve at compressor, the hose connectors for your air hose. a regulator. and some of the clips to hold the pipe, as the pipe drops will be run in 2" pvc pipe to protect the air line pipe from mayhem.
Once I subtracted that stuff, it wasn't that bad, for a screw it together set up.

I will for giggles price out copper in 1" to see how much of a difference it be.
The rapidair is a lot less labor ,than sweating copper.

I did just pass by the nylon tube system and priced out the flex alum/multi layered.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote