View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #14
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: 60 gal compressor garage piping size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
I think my problem with the black iron is, moisture and time between use.
It can go months, When you take the hose adapters off the pipe end and fire up the compressor, and get rust flakes out the pipe, ya. time to trash the iron pipe and redo it all. It lasted 20 years. It owes me nothing.
Yeah, that can happen, but there are things you can do to help. First of all is having the air line connections for your hoses above the actual end of the pipe.
Meaning that wherever you have a "drop", put a "T" fitting in it where your quick disconnect comes out and add a short section of pipe continuing down with a cap (or better yet a petcock drain).
This way any flakes or other junk in the lines drops below the fitting where the air is going out. This also allows you to drain any condensation in the lines themselves, rather than just at the tank.
Other things kind of depend upon how much/often you actually use the system. If it's not often enough, it might not be worth the time/trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote