View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:32 PM   #19
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: 60 gal compressor garage piping size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
I had a lot of water issues with my first set-up.
If I can even call it a setup

I run mine like TP tools suggests in the PDF below.

I don't have the moisture issues I had before.

I also put moisture filter from HF on my sandblast cabinet link below.

PDF Link: https://cached.tptools.com/Images/ai...ng-diagram.pdf
The extensions containing the ball valves is just what i was referring too. That's a pretty good illustration of a smaller shop set-up, except for one thing, which I am surprised a commercial designer left out. That is a "loop back" to the tank with the main line. When you have a "dead end" set-up like this, everything is fine when you are one guy in the shop. Add one more user and you will have a problem.
Using that diagram as an example. You are blasting in the cabinet at the end of the run. Now someone else starts up a sander, blows the dust off of something or even fills up a tire....you have a pressure drop. This happens because they cut you off. In a loop system, this doesn't happen because the air flows toward the place that it is being used from both directions. That way, you are never cut off.
The building where I work is 60k square feet, 50k of that is wide open shop space. It is plumbed for air virtually everywhere. There is a huge loop going around the outside, dropping down the walls where needed and at all of the columns that support the roof. These rows are connected to the loop at both ends, furthering the loops. This also means that these smaller loops can be isolated. That way any of these sections can be modified or repaired without draining the entire system. There are even more drops at specific places for the machines that need it. There can be upwards of 25 guys using air at any given moment, including a spray booth. Some of these machines are pressure and volume sensitive, so they will go into an alarm or just shut down. The design of the main layout was very important from the very beginning of the building planning phase.
This is waay overkill for a regular guy in a home shop, but the point of the loop remains. It will stop pressure drops from simultaneous users, at least as long as your compressor can keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote