View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #80
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks guys!

bill I got the 30x50 to work in and have just been throwing parts in it. partly because it took so much time and money to get the house ready for mom. I would normally just let this stuff sit outside but having dry storage right now is nice.

there is 4 cabs, 6 beds, and 7 front clips besides the 56 truck and not counting my brothers international.

so when the first of my 52s showed up, it had to go outside.

its really pretty nice too, I think I will use the cab. the front end though, there are a glut of them on craigslist. i will do the same as I did with bickle's 2 ton front end. I had some angle iron and its very sturdy.

speaking of, I got all my parts cut for the first paying job on the table, got a second smaller job too. the garage was kind of a wreck so I put some elbow grease in it, the nice thing about that cnc table is that it rolls into the corner (cant see it in this pic) out of the way, or into the center of the room for cutting. the water table keeps the smoke down too. pretty happy so far.

the cab was full of mud and sticks as per usual, so I sprayed it mostly out with the pressure washer and will vacuum whats left after it dries. the cool little dash fan did not survive the washing.

NO RUST. its amazing how clean it is. I did pick up all my stuff from bowtie bits for the project, taillights and interior and yadda yadda. he also had the patch I needed.

debating on complete replacement? or cutting in the part I need? have time.

so I need now is the seat recovered, and some odds and ends like headlights and valve cover gaskets, and the gauges too. about those.

I PLANNED to use the RTX Dakota Digital set made for the 47-53 trucks, with the OBDII interface so it had PRNDL and other cool features. but what I DONT like is that they designed them as a 4.5" gauge and use an adapter ring. I was messing around on their site and found these.

they fit from the FRONT of a 5" hole, which is nicer than trying to put them in from the backside for sure with all the crap I have behind the dash. I am thinking of trying them out, to see if I like them. I also am thinking of doing a pcm program to get rid of the original gauge cluster. It takes up room in the dash too.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote