View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 07:23 PM   #629
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the video tour!

The car is back at Hot Rod Express. They got the A/C charged today and worked on some issues that cropped up during the drive down there. Unfortunately, it's unlikely they'll have it done in time to make the cruise-in down at the lake on Friday. I took my laptop to them this morning that has the Painless and MSD software on it so they can fine tune the transmission line pressures, shift points and TCC lock up as well as the timing curve. The MSD has a couple of built in (read only) timing tables for a LS3, but also supports up to four custom tables as well. HRE has a lot of expertise where this is concerned, so I want them to do whatever it takes to make the powertrain reliable and easy to drive.

I mentioned the exhaust note was a bit obnoxious inside the car and they suggested a pair of high flow cats in front of the mufflers might be a better choice than resonators. If they have time to add those while it's there, I think it would help. (I know, I know - if it's too loud, you're too old.) If not, I'll bring it back when they have some space available.

That's all for now. It's weird having an empty workshop. I wasn't planning on another build, but I'm not sure if I can stand not staying busy.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote