View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
REDROCKER652002

Just a quick update

I have not been around for a while. My son's 69 is kinda in stall mode. He drives it and has been working and going to school. So we are just kinda keeping it going. New speedo cable is in, but the needle seems to just around a bit. I am wondering if he maybe did not get the inner cable in the slot right, but I am letting him figure it out.

Still fighting some electrical issues. The gas gauge seems to have a mind of it's own, it will work some days and others it won't. Sometimes it pegs all the way to the right, sometimes it will only read 3/4. I have not busted his chops over it, it is his truck. He will get it done at his pace.

The other day, we were working on the front shocks. He bought new ones. And while he was trying to get the mounting bolts out, I noticed a wire hanging down off the frame. HMMM. So I look, and it looked like the ground strap from the frame to the cab. I am now thinking that this may be the issues we are having with all the electrical stuff. I told him about it, and will wait a bit to see if he tries and fixes it. If not, I am going to order a ground strap kit from somewhere and get all the grounds back to where they should be.

Other than that, he is enjoying the truck and drives it just about every day.

Thanks to all on the board who have helped me and him with the issues by answering my, often stupid, questions.

Be Safe. RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote