View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Willys_MB

Re: Screw seized on door panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thgencreamsicle View Post
I have 2 screws left on the driver’s side door panel that are seized. I have been regularly hitting it with PB blaster which has worked wonders on everything else so far, but still those 2 won’t budge. I’m guessing since it’s a vertical surface the oil isn’t soaking down into the threads as good as it could be. The heads are starting to strip so that’s a second problem. I did get one out yesterday with a screw extractor and an impact gun at low speed, but that was touch and go. So now I’m left with these 2 and I have so much work to do on the doors.

Am I completely missing a trick of the trade here? What can I do to get these stupid bolts out?!

PS: Go easy on me, I’m a girl.
I had a similar problem on my doors. I would do exactly what you said, except I was also putting a screwdriver into the heads and tapping them with a hammer to just help the PB Blaster get distributed. I got all but one off and ended up having to drill it out and use an easy-out to get it out. My heads were also fairly stripped from presumable the last owner trying to do the same thing.