View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #7
adzints7

Re: Steering video...need thoughts

sorry fo my lack of response, I kept meaning to write a little more and have just been busy. This video is from my 1972 k10 suburban with a 4" suspension lift...ORD custom springs x 4. It wanders and has some significant bump and roll steer. I have been working through the best way to fix it and noticed that when I steer, it lifts up the entire drivers side then settles. I am not sure if that is a result of poor steering geometry but it makes the most sense to me. Sorry for the short video and I am not sure why it is silent. I do not have a drop pitman arm but one arrived today, as well as new drag link ends. I am hoping that can help. I have inspected the frame extremely close and I cannot find any cracks anywhere in the front on either side. I also have new bushings installed for both the front and rear springs. Soft suspension but I feel like that should not make it so poor on the road. I am also looking into a front and possibly rear sway bar setup. Been reading a lot on this site and the k5 site.
adzints7 is offline   Reply With Quote