View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Re: Who here is daily driving a 67/72?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortnwide4x4 View Post
funny you post this, I'm another Ontario guy who bought a 68 4x4 out of Arizona on ebay to drive year round. Once I got it home and found out the shape it was in I decided there would be no way in h377 that I would drive her in the salt!! especially after her restoration
Good. Too many people buy these trucks from where they survived and think they can run them where they got ruined and think they magically won't get ruined now. There is no way to run a truck in the salt and have it not be eaten up by salt. Even if I had a heated garage with wash bay, pulled it in every night, sprayed out/off/under, it would still deteriorate. And who is going to actually do that every day... when it's in the teens, 20s, 30s and as soon as you go a mile it's right back in those places that rust. You can't wash that salt laden road grime out that gathers in the lower voids. All these trucks have surface rust on the back side where there never was paint and it comes alive when it comes to humid climates

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote