View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #65
Nobby

Re: 66 suburban build

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
Looking good....keep at it. We appreciate reading your updates and seeing your progress. I also like your new project Blazer.
Thanks man..
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
I have never seen anybody attempt to take that front panel out of a hood before. Thats where mine was rusted out so I just found another hood. Was it a rough job to do or not so bad, looks like a lot of spot welds.
HaHa,Yea one thing about me I can't stand doing bodywork and paint and wondering how long I got till it rust from the inside.So the only way I'm truely happen is to try and get the panel rust free in and out.I'll cut a perfect rocker off a truck cause I know theres rust back there.(I wonder if they have medicine for that)The hood I bought looked perfect and I paid for perfect but once I wire brushed the front panel little holes started appearing.I bought a front panel from Top Banana and it took me 20 min to get the old one off and I'm glad I did.There was 46 years of dirt and rust behind that panel and would have definitely popped through later.I won't have to worry about it now sorry so long.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote