Thread: New wiring
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: New wiring

You are technically correct but you have to remember this is wrote for cars & trucks of the 60's and earlier. They used the horn relay as a distribution block also out on the radiator support. But yes after you mentioned it they didn't do such a good drawing of the hook up. So yes that part should not been used for a vehicle that doesn't use the relay as a distribution block.
The earlier trucks though should be the same as the cars but I don't have one to verify by. I'm not even sure when GM went to the under dash horn relay in the trucks. I know my 71 has it.

Here is a new schematic I just did, deleting the horn relay part. The alternator doesn't show the other wires for a internal regulator alternator but they wouldn't change if you have already upgraded. The first two drawings show how it's wired without jumping the old regulator. Lot nicer than that gob of wires out on the support.
The wires are shown here for the 12SI alternator.
I'm not 100% on the solenoid on a later 70 model either but it may be better for the older 60 models.

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 10-12-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote