View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 11:33 PM   #87
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

I finally am finding the time to update my thread. I kinda have the wiring location of things somewhat figured out so I thought it would be good to start on the front suspension & assembly of the front end in general. I sanded & primed the new batt tray along with my modified old one. The original one was in pretty bad shape hence the new tray. I thought I would try to find a way to use the old one as opposed to just putting it in the scrap pile. So I configured a aluminum plate to use as a bracket to bolt the underhood fuse box on & then the bracket bolts to the old tray. I wanted to put the fuse box in a similar location as on the ’13 truck. That location lined up right with the washer fluid bottle location so I cut the old tray in half and took out about 2 inches. I welded up the resized halves and prepped for paint. I used my new found knowledge of nutserts & relocated the washer fluid bottle. I think I did a pretty good job on painting the brackets. I recently purchased a HVLP spray gun ( TCPglobal brand) I thought that it would be good enough for me to use for “non essential” items… otherwords items that if I messed up on would not be a big deal… so I painted the bracket, batt. Tray & the fender bolts. Overall I like the way they turned out – considering it was my first time using a HVLP gun without guidance from a knowledgable friend. I know everyone wants pictures sooooo…..
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote