View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
Ta2edjr

72 k5 project bucket o rust

I have decided to start a build thread on the 72 blazer my dad and I are building....I'd say at the moment we are about 40% of the way done so I'll try and spend the next couple days getting everyone up to speed.....but first the awesome back story that started this project....
Some time in the summer/fall of 2013 my dad found a 72 4x4 k5 that was all original in a town about 30 minutes away...the truck spent most of it's time in Cincinnati being used as a snow removal vehicle. Needless to say the blazer was in awful shape and that's putting it nicely. None the less we decided to drive it the 30 min home..no truck and trailer at the time...our venture home took us almost 2 1/2 hours. What I remember most about the trip is me being in the chase vehicle and everytime dad would hit a bump in the road. Multiple licesne plates would scatter on the road. By the time we got it to his house there was nothing left of the floor boards. He spent the next couple years replacing body panels and fixing all the rust... hence the thread title... he put a 4 inch lift kit on it and never really drove it much.. thr problem was that the frame was in horrible shape and would flex more than it should. Pics will show what I mean..so it set for a while..until about 2 months ago I found a 72 2wd shortbed bare frame and that's when the gears started turning...so without further delay here are some pics of the blazer...the first picture is soon after we removed the top. It was literally the only thing holding the bedside together...the last pic is what it looked like before we started the 2wd frame swap
Attached Images

Ta2edjr is offline   Reply With Quote