View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
srvivor71

Re: ANOTHER Horn Problem - Need Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblueprint View Post
I don't know what year truck you are working on...but if it is 1971 or earlier...then it looks like the wrong T/S Cancelling Cam to me...you should be able to insert a black pronged spring loaded connector into a cavity where the silver button is in your photo...the pronged connector has a wire which connects to the horn button at the steering wheel...so when you press the horn button...it completes the ground and the horn sounds.

Also...make sure the BLACK wire from the turn signal switch to the horn relay is not grounding in the column...this happens sometimes when replacing a turn signal switch if one is not careful threading the T/S harness through the column.
It's a 71. The cancelling cam is brand new and it looks just the same as the old one, except not worn out. My thinking is that this leaves the turn signal switch (with the copper button) or a short. Before I spend money on the new T/S switch, I should check for a short. Electrical is not exactly my forte, so if anyone can tell me how to check for a short, I'd really appreciate it...
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote