View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #43
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblueoval View Post
Dang Jeff,

You've been busy. 2 of my projects have been pushed in front of my blazer. The plans are still in place for it just postponed till later. Plans to be joining you in NC are still in the works also. I'll keep in touch and I have subscribed.

When I get there we can help each other out with our blazers.
Very cool, and thanks for the update. Ya gotta get out here before June, because we may be having a get together after the Hot Rod Power Tour.

BUT ANYWAY, I figure now is a good time to give a little update. The Blazer is in hibernation for winter. Not cool, I know, but I need to get a few things done to the Burb before the Power Tour, so I need to save the cash. Besides, the Blazer doesn't need to be done until 2018 (HA!)

However, I will post a few pics of what has been going on with the other parts of it... like the hardtop and the '68 front clip.

She is still at my dads house. So, his '63 Nova won the one extra garage spot. So, as sad as she looks, here is the way she is taking her long winters nap...

I have, however been working on the top. I want to have it complete by the end of winter. I took the glass out of the single wall top I scored. I am saving the weatherstripping and since it is in good shape, I may reuse it if it cleans up good. However, I also bought new from LMC truck. We'll see... the new is SOOO flimsy compared to the old stuff.
After a heavy cleaning/degreasing and an hour with a razor blade, the glass is nearly perfect. After I get the other one cleaned and the weatherstripping cleaned, the glass will be ready for re-install. I "may" even go ahead and give the windows a light tint. I am not crazy about having that much visibility to what is inside. My Burb has limo tint blacked out windows in the rear and I like it a lot.

The single wall top that I got last month should be making it's way into the garage after our big New Years Eve "Eve" party. Then I will make an attempt at painting the inside and coating the outside. If all goes well, I will install the new weather stripping and it will be ready to replace the big water puddle double wall that is on it now. It's will be white and I think I will shoot it with a Shutz gun and Al's Liner. I also got a deal on a 1,000 lb electric winch, so I will hopefully be able to build a rig to lift the top to the ceiling of my garage.

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 01-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote