View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #294
knomadd

Re: 72 GMC Short Step Build

Everything looks awesome! Love the wilwood brake system. I'm going through a similar install myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
Thanks for the pics. Your setup looks great! I'm also using the CPP booster with the same Wilwood MC and prop valve kit that you're running. S here are my ?'s
*Was the pushrod that was in the CPP booster and MC the correct length to work with the Wilwood MC?
*Did you have to use the little bullet looking thing? I know Wilwood sells them in different lengths, so I was curious.
*What did you use for sealant on the threads of the plug where the brake switch was? Wasn't sure if brake fluid neede something different than normal.
*Do you think it would be ok to plug one of the "front out" ports on the prop valve and just run one hard line down to the T fitting on the crossmember?
I really appreciate your help. I'm going to try and install all of mine this weekend and it's nice to know ahead of time what additional parts I might need, so I can have them on hand. I live out where it's over an hour round trip to a good parts store. So, if there was anything else you can think of that you needed, let me know. Thanks again!
Not to hijack here, but to help out, I'm doing this install now. I'm using a Hydratech hydro boost system instead of the vacuum booster you are both using, but yes, I used the "bullet". The pushrod from the hydratech system is about flush with the MC mounting flange. If your booster is similar, I'd use the bullet.

**I am also curious about the plug in place of the brake light switch.**

You can absolutely plug one of the front outputs on the prop valve. I'm doing this myself and it even says it can be done in the instructions (I think that's where I read it). I've seen this done multiple times with other setups too.

One thing to be cautious of... If you are using the existing brake lines, or same size lines as factory, while the front lines are 3/16 tube and use 3/8 fittings, the rear line is 1/4" and uses a larger fitting (the original prop valve uses a very large fitting, not a standard 7/16 typically used for 1/4" tube). However, the Wilwood prop valve only accepts the 3/8 fittings. You can get an adapter from 3/8 to 7/16 from Oreilly's. Ask for Edelmann Part No. 2858430. You'll need to check to make sure your fitting is 7/16, and if it isn't you'll want to cut it off and reflare the line for a standard fitting to use the adapter.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote