View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 03:24 PM   #469
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Well, I have a YUGE update - the truck lives (and leaks )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having heck with the Holley touch screen, maybe from being unused for a few years, maybe from dirt, maybe a defect - either way it kept trying to tell me my motor was 1100CI. On my budget??? Impossible lol. So I contacted Holley, and I have to say wow, they sent a brand new one (~$350 to buy) cost free. I was really blown away, all I was calling for was help to fix it and maybe buy one if it came down to it. Appreciative is an understatement. Between their tech, customer service, and contributions to the industry.... I am a big fan.

Regardless, I was able to get the info in, and was trying to crank and nothing! So pulled the starter (battery was charged), starter worked on the bench. Cleaned the mating surface and ran a temporary ground and nothing, not even a click. Had someone turn the key while I checked for voltage, found 1 volt when cranking! Almost comedic! Tested the CCA at the local parts house, of 800CCA it had 17! So a new Optima battery and some curse words and I decided to just hit it with the relay for the fuel pump on and see what she does. And wouldnt you know, it fired immediately and went straight to running. Needless to say I was shocked. 60PSI (maybe more) of oil pressure and it just ran. Shut off, ran again. Got the idle pulled down and it really just runs great. Couldn't ask for much better.

Talk about a chore though, getting all the fluids topped off simultaneously was tough for my first time (even though it was like 3 fluids). Spilling coolant everywhere was an annoyance and same with the power steering fluid puking from the cap (I overfilled somehow). The trans cooler lines also fought me some, I was lucky though to remove, clean and reinstall and (so far) no leaks. To my amazement, the cooling system was sealed, aside from the spill that happened when the funnel overflowed.

Unfortunately theres no video feature on here. So when you observe these images, just imagine the sound of a 350 with 3" duals and Hooker mufflers. vroom woosh clack clack thump and whatever else the small block says!
Name:  IMG_5179.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  79.7 KB Name:  IMG_5180.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  31.8 KB

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote