Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 08:07 PM   #331
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Read through your thread today. First off, I have much respect for your relationship/friendship with your dad. You guys were so smart to build those projects and build that connection with each other. I'm very sorry for you that he is now gone. I'm glad for us that you are carrying on with this project. I'm enjoying your creativity and I like watching your attention to detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
Merry Christmas! I hope that you continue your thread. Very much looking forward to seeing it thru to the end.
Thank you both for the comments. I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. In truth I have had to put the truck on a backburner while helping my wife deal with her parents. Both in their mid 80's and having health issues we are working hard at getting them settled into an assisted living facility, and a few hospital stays for my mother in law. Its been a tough couple months for me, but more so my bride. Dealing with one parent would be tough, two at once with different issues has become her full time job.

There have been some changes and things going on though. I made a rotisserie out of two engine stands and some rectangular steel tubing. Now I can finish welding, body work and paint the bed with ease. Yes, I welded the bed parts into one piece. Minus the still removable tailgate.

The next step for the bed is to bring it to school. There I will have my students sand it all down and spray a couple coats of epoxy on it.

I also notice it looks like a bomb went off in the shop. I have a major clean up to do soon.

This may be off topic, I hope admins don't mind me sharing......

I also purchased a commercial condominium. I don't know if you have something like this in your area, but here in CT they are somewhat common. There are three long buildings with individual garage units. Each unit has a walk in door as well as a tall commercial height overhead door. Some units are bigger, some smaller. This one is 20'x55' with 20' ceilings. It has heat and full power. There is also a common area for meetings, a bathroom and such.

I now have things moved in, my 55 Belair, my squarebody and for now my father in laws 37 Ford. This shop will be for "clean" work. Unlike my backyard show which is for fabrication/bodywork. This new place is for storage, cleaning, wiring, and assembly of any project vehicles. It has a commercial grade Rotory 4 post lift rated for 14k pounds.

And while decorating I hung some awards that I've won and a door for a 66 Chevelle that I did up as a tribute to my dads old drag car from when I was little. The pictures are all of cars I've painted. Some mine or dads and others of friends. Still need to hang about 15 more pictures.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote