View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
chrislehr
Engine n00b

Re: FNG here..... 1970 Chevy Longbed 350 (lotsa pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
BTW, I just went through the grill dilemma for my '69. I couldn't justify spending $800 for a grill on a truck that I drive almost daily. I bought a repro grill from Christian's Classic Truck Parts for $300. This grill doesn't come with CHEVROLET letters stamped into, but they do come with decals in the same size and font. When installed, you really can't tell it unless you are like 2 ft away. 99% of people out there will never even know the difference. The thought of spending that much on a GM grill just to see it get sand pits and eventually see it fade from driving in the summer made me decide to get one that could be replaced almost 3 times for the same amount of money if need be. If it were going to be a show truck or something I only drive on the weekends, I'd spring for the GM grill.

Also, most of the time LMC is kinda high for parts. Christian's Classic Truck Parts, GMC Paul's, Year One, and Paddock among others all have parts catalogs for these trucks. Do plenty of research before buying. Tim Christian from Christians Classic and GMC Paul's are site supporters for this board. Give them a call and tell you are a board member and they usually give you a good price on parts.

I bought a pair of 5" round chrome mirrors Tim Christian last week, and its like driving another truck! No more jiggling!
Tough call on the grill. Im sleeping on that a while, a WHOLE lot of other stuff needs work before I start replacing body parts

How hard is relocating the gas tank and hiding the cap in the taillight? I found some AWESOME pics on this forum of this, and I can do the mechanical part of that, but I absolutely FAIL at body work (looking at some threads, some of you all are amazing)

I will be the guy with checkbook in hand for body work, however.
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote