View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #18
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Re: FNG here..... 1970 Chevy Longbed 350 (lotsa pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
Tough call on the grill. Im sleeping on that a while, a WHOLE lot of other stuff needs work before I start replacing body parts

How hard is relocating the gas tank and hiding the cap in the taillight? I found some AWESOME pics on this forum of this, and I can do the mechanical part of that, but I absolutely FAIL at body work (looking at some threads, some of you all are amazing)

I will be the guy with checkbook in hand for body work, however.
You can pull the tank and cross members right out of a 70's or 80's model blazer or suburban, and stuff em right into your truck, some times with out even having to drill anything, then you will also need the sheet metal with a fuel fill door, I prefer using the fuel fill door from a 90's moded suburban. Allthough there are many more out there available. Done right you can completly hide the install and no one will be the wiser to the fact that it didnt come that way if they dont know thier chevies.

The other great thing about using that tank setup is because it is a GM tank, it is compatable with your fuel level sender and what not.