View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: I visited lmc today thought id share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim21391 View Post
well i was in the area so i figured might as well visit lmc. went in there.. wasnt what i thought in mind.. all it is. is a lobby with a few parts on the wall a few grilles on the wall here and there.. and a 72 chevy sittin in there.. all original 31,000 acutal miles. and an old ford.. then u gotta look threw the catalog then give them a part number then they go run and get the part.. i thought it be cool to go look at the warehouses...just thought id share.. that orange and white truck in the catalog they have through out the book is the truck in the showroom... ill post pics tomorrow

SO what does one expect from a warehouse type company? There is no money made in doing a fancy store, the money is through those swinging door---on the shelves behind them. The hundreds of shelves that make up their warehouse. You should have seen it when the showroom was about a third of the size it is now.

There is a guy that has truck parts in KC that has three stores. He has a showroom at each one and has things of interest all around the stores---however a lot of stuff is ordered when you want it. His market is in the custom wheels and goodies for later model trucks, but can get items for older. LMC deals in a lot of stuff that no other shop in town has. So you see showroom or not there are losses.

There is also a place in Wichita that has a showroom, but there is a limit on what they have on the floor. They are called "Truckstuff" and their market is mostly late model and work truck items. Their warehouse is nothing like LMCs, either.

By the way that showroom and sales counter is OPEN on Saturdays and Sundays---now that is a service concept.

Last edited by piecesparts; 03-21-2009 at 10:16 AM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote