View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #13
THENEWMEXICAN

Re: grounding a blazer

TOM- thanks! everyone who takes a good look at everything really enjoys it

67 and jaros- i replaced the prndl bulb and plugged a random gray wire (that was hanging down my steering column)into my fuse box => prndl/gear indicator illumination... thanks for the help

sover- your last comment came a week early cause now that i'm getting deeper into my electrical there is a huge possibility that some of my wiring with the gauges isn't right... or at least doesn't look right. i can't figure out the installation whos or whens a few gauges including the tach... you were right, more research is in order.

update: took a 125 mile test drive to show the family mechanic the blazer and guess what light decided to start working? the front driver turn. leave it to the last of my problems to work itself out miraculously when we were going for a joy ride. but the tach stopped moving past 20 (2000k) during the same joy ride so not everything was gravy. BUT he did inform me that due to some equipment and wiring mods the previously id'd 4terminal/plug/socket at the bottom of my steering column near the firewall is the reason i don't have backup lights... anyone have them wired up differently or at least without the use of that plug?

Last edited by THENEWMEXICAN; 03-08-2010 at 04:39 AM.
THENEWMEXICAN is offline   Reply With Quote