View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
2fast55

Re: Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

Ok, more than 2 months later, It's time for some new pics. I cleaned off the patch of concrete next to the garage so that I wouldn't have to work in the dirt or gravel anymore. I'm still not out of the rain, but I'm a lot closer to the toolbox now. I'm ready to lift the body off so I can do all my frame and drivetrain work without it in the way.

The more I work on this thing, the more I find that a previous owner practically beat this thing to death. I think I may be replacing the tank. Does anybody know if there is a larger replacement that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I started pulling the weatherstrips and cleaning all the crud off the body. I saw a replacement rocker piece that extended into the floor a little bit, but I can't remember who makes it. It would definitely save me a lot of time to order those instead of the inner/outer rocker replacements from LMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Jack View Post
Is the other front tow hook somewhere in the interior - some of those are worth quite a bit. Lots of work but it will be worth it for sure!
No, just the one tow hook. I might be fabricating bumpers that use different recovery points, so the hook might be for sale in the future. I need to buy a tubing bender. A lot of my friends wish we knew someone who had one, but none of us has made the investment yet.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Last edited by 2fast55; 05-23-2010 at 10:21 PM.
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote