View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #1088
HAULIN' IT

Re: 55 Wagon Progress

Robert, Let me start with: WOW, just WOW! As an autobody craftsman for over 30 years, I can sure appreciate the level of workmanship!

I'd like to mention something that came to me while looking at the photos of the sign you guys are working on. A little late to the party, but it may still be of value at some point.
I realize that metal glue is not something a person at your level of skills would commonly use, however in the case of that sign...it would be THE way to go! I prefer the Fusor 208 for things like that. Everywhere the gaps are where sheetmetal is attached to the beaded area & where you put the plug
welds on the overlapping areas...that would be MUCH easier with glue & because it is a solid attachment it is far superior, doesn't create heat damage & nothing to grind, ect. The uniform nature of the seam makes it where with a bit of care with a finger or a bodyfiller spreader ground to a rounded corner...a near perfect "rolled edge" transition can be made rather easy while sealing it all up.

I can only say: "Please discus what Im suggesting with your paint/material jobber & give it a try!" Its not a "cure-all", but it has its place & that sign is a PERFECT example! Take Care, Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote