View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #1585
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I have been driving the '68 Custom Sport Truck once in a while and even though it has a 327/TH400 with power steering and brakes it is a little bit cumbersome because of the low geared rear end. Not sure if it is a 4.11 or 4.57 I haven't taken the time to check it out. This morning I decided to put the Dana 60 coil spring 3.54 rear end in it that I have had for quite a while. I got all of the "U" bolt nuts broke loose and the "U" bolts free of the trailing arms on the '68. The Dana was sitting under the '70 Chevy pickup that has a '72 GMC leaf spring frame under it, and it was not bolted in. I pulled the Dana out and started cleaning it up and checking it out. I have all new brake parts for it so that will make that part easy.

I have other plans for the '70 Chevy/GMC and put the rear end out of another truck in it this afternoon. I will post about that after I get the '68 done.

The weather has been beautiful here all last week and is supposed to be decent tomorrow but then it is going to start getting colder and rain/snow mix. If that happens things will slow down because I am doing this outside.

LockDoc
That rear diff should give it some decent driving manners.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is online now   Reply With Quote