View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
WIDESIDE72

Re: AM/FM ebay ripoff and I lost out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68350 View Post
I too suggest calling the police. This is fraud, plain and simple. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but this could be mail fraud, too. What's his username? The link says item no longer avail to be viewed. Hope all works well with your situation.
The cops won't do anything but tell you it is a civil matter. That's what happened to me. The prosecutor in that county in Indiana said I would have to come up there and file a small claim against him, then back again for the hearing (I am in TX!). It was a $75 fee, but I could sue him for my expenses. My dad had a situation were he had to sue someone for $3k. That was 20 yrs ago. He has never seen a dime. Just has a judgement against the loser. Our lawmakers are more concerned about big fish and don't care about getting laws changed to surtail small time rip off and con artists. The scum bags know they can get away with it and continue to proliferate. They used to hang horse thieves. They still should.

In September (!) I bought a GMC fleetside tailgate on EBAY to add to my collection (!) . Unfortunately, I paid this loser Rick Schwarte from Greendale IN. with a money order, so I cannot get my $ back through Screwbay. I did not know it, but apparently The loser was using his girlfriend's EBAY account. I mailed it to the name and address EBAY provided: Bobbie Flanagan in Cincinatti OH. Later he sends an email saying to send it to another address Rick Schwarte Greendale IN. . Too late, payment was already sent. Then I heard nothing for 2 wks. I kept calling the cell # I had til someone finally answered, she claims she is the guy's girlfriend's sister. She said that there was a nasty break up and her sister has a restraining order against him. I tell her I don't care about their white trash soap opera. She then gave me the guy's dad's (Richard) phone #. I have talked to both of them numerous times, and every time, I can hear the dad having to coerce "little Ricky" to talk to me. After several weeks of BS and promises, his dad calls me last Friday saying that he will ship it for me. That was weeks ago. I just called and left a message requesting and update. Why are people such losers? I have had to resort to leaving numerous phone messages attacking their personal character in order to get a response! I never used a curse word to any of them. After all of this the little jerk Ricky had the never to start cussing at me. I asked him why he felt like I should not be upset, and I guessed his little pea brain could relate and he quit the cursing. My grand dad always told us that profanity was a sign of a weak mind. I do have my moments, but try to not cuss someone out unless it is the last resort. I guess it is a better alternative than working them over with a shovel handle. (Which I have never done either.) I almost wish they would tell me to go to hell so that I can have closure and move on to "alternative measures".

Update: After three months I finally got the tailgate right after Christmas. Little Ricky's mom wrapped it up and I issued a call tag and had UPS go pick it up. I had to pay to have it shipped (twice!) About the only thing that will happen is if anyone ever googles little Ricky Schwarte, it will come up that he is a thief and his mommy has to take up for him.

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 01-04-2009 at 09:42 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote