View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #130
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Just realized its been 4 months since I posted on this build. You guys have probably forgotten all about it. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth or even stopped working on the truck - just been slowly doing filler work - slather and sand, slather and sand, etc. Not much fun I've decided so its going slow. In the meanwhile, I just spent 3 weekends working on my son's truck. It is the first and only vehicle he's ever had (he's 27 now). He was rear-ended by a woman most likely texting. Insurance was going to total it, but he kept it and got a reduced payout of $2600. So far, he's about $900 in repairs, which includes a couple hundred for tools he bought me to compensate for labor and materials :-) as well as new shocks and struts which he needed, but only one rear shock was broken in the accident. Had to cut off and fab new ends for the rear frame, and straighten brackets. BTW, that is member boynton (and my son) in the last picture helping out. It was what I've learned on this project of mine which gave me the confidence to tackle my son's damage.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote