Thread: Hot Rod Flatz
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #11
Jcfcamaro

Re: Hot Rod Flatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The way I read your post it looks like your opinion was formed by doing research on the one brand and writing off Hot Rod Flatz based on one man's opinion. I'd want to see an equal amount of research on both before taking that opinion to heart. Hot Rod Flatz has been around for a good while now with a whole heap of vehicles done in it. I'm sure you could gain a lot of insight doing more research. I know of many cars being done in HRF over the years and haven't heard bad things. I plan on using it on a project myself and honestly never heard a bad thing until I read your post. I plan on researching deeper now. For my use the idea is put HRF on to assemble and drive the truck while I refine it. Then, hopefully put that beautiful shiny paint on. Basically what guys would do on for the shakedown, but using primer. I want a sealing finish in case the refinement never happens... or takes a long time to happen
I actually left alot out on my post otherwise it would have been alot longer. I asked the company what brand there restoration line of paint was and all I got back was that it's PPG quality type paint. Also did alot of YouTube /Google research with alot of guys complaining about drying time ect. I'm definitely no paint pro just another guy trying to help out another guy trying to save time and money. Normally when something is half price of all the other brands it should make you scratch your head and start doing research ect.
Jcfcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote