View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
Steven R

Re: questions about working with bondo and pin holes?

Just an Update

I have tried with every effort not to ad any air bubbles while mixing and pressing it as hard as my finders and press the metal spreader and pushing the hardener into the putty. After applying it to the panels and again pressing it into the panel with more pressure than I have in the past attempts, I have reduced the number of pin holes, but still I think I have way to many. So I got some evercoat rage to see if this would help me. The Auto body supplier store I deal with, Guys , Said I that I may not notice a difference but I thought I would try anyway, As I knew I would need more filler then one can would cover with how much I have been wasting with this learning curve. With those new practices, I applied a skim coat over the whole panel, after sanding I only found 10 pin holes over the top 2/3 of the door panel. Very pleased with this as it is a vast improvement form what results I was getting with the evercoat gold, I still think the issue is centrally Technic and not the product. But with such a improvement for me and my skill set I am much more happy and confident with the results.

Thanks to all who have helped and continue to spent there time dealing with newbies. I really thank you alot for taking time in your day to share your skills and years of knowledge and pass them on to the next guy.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote