Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #61
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
You'd have to pull the down pipe to check if you don't have another one to compare to. You can remove the e clip that holds the rod on and see if the arm moves or if it binds. Chances are it is stock and has never been adjusted so it opens where it should netting you the low boost. But trying to adjust them usually ends up with a broken rod so I just plug them and don't mess with them. I really like spring gates on those to be honest. They are easy to adjust and aren't that expensive these days.
Yeah, I don't want to remove the downpipe until I am ready to pull the engine out. I see the junction where the tube comes out for, what I think, is for the wastegate actuator. I will double check and plug it, I can't figure out what that will actually do though, since I don't know what the actuator is actually doing and how the boost reference changes anything. No boost to the actuator = wastegate staying closed?

What would you recommend for a spring gate? I had been looking at the Banks Big head actuator, seems kind of expensive for what it is though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Are you referring to an electric clutch like on the common rails? Because dodge never had them before the common rails. You can get a Horton one and make it work but it's a little more involved than just bolting the electric hub on and going. The common rail ones won't work on the older 5.9s.
I was thinking of one for the CR. I can do the wiring and get a fan controller setup to make it work, but if it isn't going to thread on the 12v hub, I won't bother. I just figured I don't need that fan spinning all the time since the diesel doesn't really get hot at idle like a gas engine.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote