View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
G-NUT

Re: 700r4 sluggish to go into any gear, have to rev motor up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
It sounds like a pressure issue. That doesn't mean the pump is bad. You could have an internal leak (since you had the VB out).

I would put a pressure gauge on to verify.

A bad converter could give the same symptoms but is more unlikely. Again the pressure needs to be checked.

Is the filter and seal installed correctly? That could make it suck air

Thanks for the quick response. I also was thinking maybe a low fluid pressure issue. I also considered the torque converter not applying to power. I felt like the way it shifted into each gear it just needed more pressure.

I do not have a pressure gauge. I'll have to see about getting one.

When I pulled the VB I reinstalled using new gaskets and torqued each bolt to manual specs.

I had the trans upsidedown on my work bench, so when I installed the VB gaskets and plate I tried very hard to ensure they were perfectly lined up. I may have to pull it back off and check again.

I made sure to remove the old filter seal. Replaced it with the new one and the new filter. I made sure to seat them well.

I have rebuilt motors and done a fair bit of tranny work over the years, but I've never had the guts out of a trans.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote