Thread: Radio options
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 01:37 AM   #24
dmjlambert

Re: Radio options

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
I went with the Custom Autosound unit, and have had it for about five years.
One option I wish I had is Bluetooth capability.
I do use my iPhone with the AUX cord to listen to SiriusXM, but have to periodically switch out the cord to charge the phone.
If someone knows a hook up that would charge while I’m all ears.
I think my only solution will be to get a Bluetooth capable unit.
For the rest of my system, I have a small ATV amp in the Console, hooked to two 4x10 speakers, each under the front edge of the seat.
The speakers in the front (two 4 inch speakers up in the dash, and two mounted under the dash) are hooked to the regular speaker jacks on the unit.
The system isn’t going to win any stereo contests, but I like it.
All you would need to do is hook up a bluetooth receiver to the aux input and you will have bluetooth instead of aux, or in addition to aux. I have a power amp that I connected one of these bluetooth receivers to. When I start the truck, it connects to my iphone. If I disconnect the bluetooth on my iphone, the aux input on this board is forwarded to the output of the board and goes into the amp. Something happened to the listing on Amazon for this, but this appears to be the offering of the device from the manufacturer's website. There are other brands, some auto connect, and some you need to go into bluetooth settings each time and manually connect.
https://www.droking.com/Audio-Stereo-Receiver-Board
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote