View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #14
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
You would have been better off with a c10 crossmember assembly because you would have all the correct steering linkage.
All you needed then was aftermarket 6-lug rotors.

Now you need to change the lower control arms (to the c10 version) and figure out how to get a c10 outer tie rod to fit a c10 spindle. Besides changing to c10 balljoints.
The crossmember itself will still work.

I own a set of the ECE ( 3/4-ton to 1/2-ton) conversion spindles you are talking about but don’t currently want to sell them. I’ll keep you in mind if I do.
Can you get me any identifying marks or part numbers on those spindles? So technically are you saying that it would in fact work if I had those spindles that you have? It seems like with what I already have that these spindles are the exact thing that I need. I could then just change brake components for new stuff and be done.

The issue with changing to all c10 components arms etc is that I might as well sell some of my crap and save up for an entire QA1 setup or something.

I would not mind changing the lower and upper control arms really. I just really want to just get it all figured out so that I can move forward. I just do not have the open budget or time to be able to make mistakes on parts. The shipping delays would seemingly put me into next summer.

Sucks because I have time now but not the big budget. As soon as I find my next position, I will have the budget and no time! FML!!
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote