Thread: 6.2L Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
clinebarger

Re: 6.2L Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_gregh View Post
Folks if anyone has experience with the 6.2L I would appreciate advice. Its a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali I bought new. I posted the thread to the 07+ board but I thought I would open it up to a wider audience. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=665845
The oil pump pressure regulator valve could be stuck open, I have seen this once before on a 408 (Stroked 6.0L). This is the only oil pump failure I have seen on any LS engine. Gerotor pumps are virtually bulletproof.

Like you, I worry about the dry starts/runs this engine has seen.

The VVT/AFM LS engines have been a problem from the start, Oil consumption, Lifter failures, Timing chain tensioner failures (Causing bent pushrods) & AFM manifold screen clogging.

If you were to install a new engine, Buy a 2008 & up LS3 long block, All your accessories, Intake, Oil pan, & exhaust manifolds will bolt right on. The only thing that has to be done is some tuning to get rid of the VVT/AFM.
Speartech.com or PCMforless.com can handle a mail order tune.

A new GM LS3 long block runs $5047.97 (+$1200 core), Your L92 is a suitable core, $1000 to install, $300 for fluids/Gaskets/misc. $250 for a mail order tune.

Enjoy another 200,000 miles worry free.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote