View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #54
leddzepp

Re: 1967 Gmc. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
UMMM BACK FEES ???????????????????????????????????????
What in the ?? are you talking about ??? when a car or truck is parked its not in use ??????????? are you saying that California charges you for a vehicle sitting parked ????? I'm a dumb hillbilly BUT THAT IS JUST STUPID !
Yeah, if you are lazy or stupid and don't pay the non operational fee when you park it, late fees stack up. It costs $10 (maybe $15 now) and it suspends it in the system. It's not like a hidden fee or anything...it's printed on EVERY single registration renewal form. You check one of two boxes: pay registration, or pay non op. very straightforward. But people don't do it and this is what happens. Their irresponsibility is my oppurtunity. I have bought trucks with enormous fees due, and parted them out to fund my project. If you are an out of state buyer you have a big advantage...buy it here and register it in your state. I have a 76 CJ 5 that I put on non op 13 years ago. I paid $10. Every year I get a renewal form. If I want to register and drive it I pay $43 and get my tags. If I dont want to drive it, I don't I do anything, and it sits. A one time fee of $10...that's it. Pretty simple huh?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote