View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #26
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: e3 LevelPro + Big Red x4 ≈ 77 Air Square

In preparation for mounting the system display, I determined I would need a mount to fit the location I had chosen. The previous systems display was mounted in the ashtray, and after considering my options I went the same way again.

To do this I wanted a mounting bracket made to give the install a finished look. I contacted my friend Roger Lynskey at RPL Customs (972-567-3958) to make a housing for me.

I sent a spare ashtray assembly to him and he went to work. Roger and mutual friend Keith (n2billet) collaborated to come up with a mounting system that would require minimal modifications to the ashtray assembly. With the exception of a minor notch to clear the display connector this is a bolt in unit.

After considering several options it was decided to mill a housing from billet stock. Once the measurements were done and all the angles were calculated, the mill was put to work. Roger gave the piece a nice brushed finish and shipped it to me.

The brushed finish looked great, but it didn't match the interior. To allow the piece to tie in with the existing gauges, I first polished the surface. An outline was masked off, and the rest was painted satin black. This look will emulate the chrome bezels on the factory gauges.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote