View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
56hotrodred

56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame select photos

So here are a few selected random photos of some problem areas that I have fixed up.

The headlight eyebrow repair was time consuming and I got the pieces from other old fenders I had collected. The repop pieces looked terrible so I cut three pieces out of another fender and made it work.

The dash was unmolested but after buying the new Ididit column I modified the floor.

The radiator is from US Radiator and is a cross flow and fits in nice I think.

I had some repair inside the cowl vent from when I pulled out some pieces to make room for my new master brake pedal and reservoir set up and I also welded up the 100 or so holes in the firewall. I am not sure if I am going to leave any holes but still have some smoothing and a little bondo to do on the firewall before paint. The green is just Napa etch primer. I just had to cover up the areas I had finished to make me feel like I was actually getting somewhere.

I am planning on painting the firewall and inner fenders myself with Eastwood Underhood paint to keep the final paint process a little simpler and more importantly cheaper.

I also had to replace the rear cab corners and the steps but that was the worst of the damage that required repair.

This week if it stays warm I will be sand blasting the rear differential and starting to prime and paint the frame.

Then the build actually starts I hope.
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote