View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:53 AM   #182
Ironmonger

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Crew Cabs Part II

Been a lurker here for a while since I acquired my truck. I have been threw over 70 vehicles but this is my first square body. It is a 1982 GMC, 454, th400 camper special model. It was parked in the field near where I live and used as storage for the last 7 years because the ma did not like the gas mileage it would get After spending a bit of time on it in the field I made an offer of 200.... two hours later I drove it home. 97k original miles, ruby red fluid and structurally very sound because we do not use salt in northern Nevada. Truck spent it's whole life in a small town. I tuned it up, changed a few things, new belts, hoses, the usual. Nos Delco cap n rotor and an Accel HEI coil. Then I proceeded to pile on 1400 miles of a solid 10 miles to the gallon driving it up to the northern US. I know some people do not like toppers but I wanted one. It was a pain finding a classic one that was actually built for my truck but I think it looks appropriate. I love my truck and take a lot of comfort in knowing I can survive a crash with a camry and easily drive away should it ever happen. Now come all the little upgrades I can throw on from the 88 thru 91 Subs
Attached Images

Ironmonger is offline   Reply With Quote