View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 AM   #22
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

Finished air bar system. The down side to the air bar system is you lose the option of exhaust going over or under the axle because the bags are in the way.So you have to dump the exhaust right after the mufflers. But still working on developing a system that will dump the exhaust before the axle out the side. But for now I have exhaust kickdowns so I don’t overheat the air bags. The plus side is you don’t have to do a step notch like in the catilever system where you have to cut the wheel wells. You just have to cut the center cross brace out of the middle of the bed.Make sure before you start you get nice sharp 1/2 and 3/8 dewalt drill bits. It’s only $20 and will save you a ton of time. Just know you have to throw out the drill bits after you are done. Because you will have to drill 8 holes on each side through the frame in the rear and 3 holes on each side up front. Last 4 pics are not mine. Since my truck is a 454 ss I kept all my shock brackets and leaf spring brackets attached to the frame.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; 01-08-2018 at 01:30 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote