View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #121
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Re: Prostreet / Dragrace 1972 blazer

All the tracks here are NHRA... Ive always thought of IHRA as an east coast thing. Anyway, I can see your truck is well thought out.
As for mine... no threads or pics really. I took hundreds during disasymbly out of neccesity. Now that Im reassymbling I just dont seem to have time. Im self employed which means I work long hours. So... when I get some guilt free time to work on the truck... thats all Im thinking about. I dont mean to be selfish, but I just want to hear this thing make noise again for a change. Im busy with all the tedious stuff anyway and I think probably nobody would find wiring and plumbing all that interesting anyway. I think I spend more time staring at it and thinking rather than wrenching. That would explain why its taking me so long.
I have been going to the digs since 1965 when I was in the 5th grade... so mine is geared that direction. However, its mainly a street vehicle, not a race car. Yours obviously is mainly a digs car... right?
It sure would be great to see them side by side though, because its funny how close our thinking is really. Mines a stick car though... Ive always liked rowing my own.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote