View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #135
snowblind

Re: New Member - 72 Jimmy: Project Knuckledragger mountain commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Nice job on the washer upgrade. Could you show how you wired it?

Also, there is an extra hose coming off a y adapter by the heater, and it wraps all the way around the engine. Where is it going?

Did you try those seatbelt mounts from mooneyes?

A lot of nice upgrades going in this.
Hey HGS.

For the washer pump wiring I just tapped off the existing pump/wiring. The stock pump is up under the dash, behind/to the right of the fuel gauge. There are FAQs on the board that describe the wiring but as I recall it's a blue (ground?) and yellow (power?) wire going to the pump. You tap those two wires and run two new wires out to the new pump.

NOTE #1: I needed to use a heat gun to modify the washer reservoir for my mounting location. I "dimpled" the back of the res to clear a wire guide and pushed in the back corner so it cleared the inner fender.

NOTE #2: REMOVE ALL THE OLD HOSES FROM THE STOCK PUMP! A few weeks after installing the new pump my stock pump miraculously came back to life an in doing so it spat the old washer fluid on my leg. No big deal for me but shows how with a connected hose it could make a big mess inside the cab.

The extra hose connects to a coolant tank heater (block heater) that is mounted inside the fender well, low on the frame. Check the middle/bottom of page 2 for a few more details on the install.

I haven't ordered the seat belt plates yet. I had planned to have new rockers/floors by now but the money wasn't there this summer. I don't even have proper power to the seats yet! I have one power and one ground that I've been swapping between the seats if/when I need to move them LOL.

This summer has been a bit of a bust as far as working on the Jimmy. Too many other things going on and the truck wasn't technically broke so why fix it? Now I need to get things sorted FAST because I have safety/emission inspection at the end of October and the truck won't pass as it currently sits.

'72 Jimmy Build

Last edited by snowblind; 10-10-2010 at 12:56 PM.
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote