Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #128
User Error

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
User Error; The TBI motor uses 2 temp senders. The one on the passenger head is for the gauge only, The one on the intake is for the ECM. Replace the one on the head with your new sending unit. The ECM doesn't read oil pressure, so you are good to replace that sender anyway.

So, to re-cap, leave the temp sensor in the intake, replace the one in the head with the Dolphin supplied one. Replace the Oil pressure sender with the Dolphin supplied one. Should work like a charm.

There is also a plugged sensor hole on the driver side head (near the exhaust manifold) you can use if you don't want to mess with the original ones.
Great info... thanks... I'll head out there in a bit and take a look at the temp sensor, as currently the front one is out and the manual gauge is in it's location... will hunt out the one on the pass side of the head... I was just researching the VSS and looking at pics of the wiring... and I'm seeing it's a two wire set up... any info on which wire does what? Sorry to ask so many questions, I love wiring but I've never messed with any gauges so this is a learning experience for me... Also can anyone post a photo of the gauge cluster plug? I've got a ton of plugs wrapped around my column not being used and that would help me figure out which one I'm searching for...