View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM   #14
Mayor West

Re: Needing advice on vapor lock problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
It sounds like the return line isn't doing its job; or the fuel pump is just weak as already mentioned.
Are there particular fail spots to check on the return line, or just give it a good once-over? The mechanical fuel pump was replaced a month ago (in an attempt to fix this problem) with a new AC Delco, I hope that hasn’t crapped-out already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin_79
Tell me if I am wrong here but sounds like you have a fixed fan blade on tuck....
D’oh! It’s fixed. (EDIT: Just double checked. It is clutch style but NOT a thermal!! Still...D’OH!) That’s a great idea to upgrade! Any opinions on a fan shroud? If someone can provide a decent photo of how it should look properly installed that would be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit130
Mine has the metal line from pump run in front of block up to intake then rubber line to carb. I put pipe insulation from pump to top of intake on metal line in hopes to eliminate vapor lock.
Mine was similarly situated. Before I replaced the fuel pump it was super close to the block, sandwiched between it and the alternator bracket. I wrapped it with insulation and now it runs more freely around the alternator. Good call.

Last edited by Mayor West; 07-18-2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Better information
Mayor West is offline   Reply With Quote