Thread: New Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 10:54 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: New Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
I have Virginia Farm Bureau and no problems, but I have a good agent. Your Insurance is only as good as your agent.
Let's just hope Virginia Farm Bureau doesn't decide to drop out of carrying homeowner policies. I had Frederick Mutual for over 25 years, no issues and only one inspection that I never heard a thing back on. I had been cancelled by my first company for moss on the cedar shakes on my barn that is still there on one side 25-30 years later. They never needed pictures and no one came out when I first hired them. but they decided to get out of writing homeowner policies. Up until this February I've been telling others with such complaints about their insurance companies how great mine was, just like you did
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6672 View Post
If you watch TV, but think about how often you see Jake from State Farm, the Gecko, Flo from Progressive and that guy with an emu and a Duster. If they'd back off the advertising, premiums could go down maybe?
What I noticed was in the great recession when businesses across the board were hurting, sales were down so much and unemployment that income tax and sales tax revenue went down, 30% dropped property values meant less property tax revenue. But almost every ad on TV was insurance companies with fresh ad campaigns advertising a product we are required to have. Mandatory car insurance, homeowners required by mortgage companies, and those with no mortgage will have homeowners if they have any sense. It wasn't advertising to convince you to buy a product. It was a matter of deciding which one on a product you really can't do without

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote