Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 04:27 PM   #337
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsqaud69 View Post
Glen I see you haven't posted in a while, hope things are going well for you. Rob
I appreciate you asking, Thanks.

Life has gotten crazy lately, and the 51 has been put on the back burner for a few months now.

In October, my mother in law (MIL) fell and broke her hip at 85 years old. This led to surgery and rehab. My FIL (87) has been having some cognitive issues and we have been helping him navigate while MIL was in and out of the hospital. She got home and situated, only to fall again right after the first of the year and broke 7 ribs! More hospitals and skilled nursing care. In the meantime, we moved them into an assisted living facility in town as they decided they could no longer live at their home and needed more assistance. I have been helping, but my wife has been almost single-handedly emptying their house to put it on the market. Hopefully, that will happen in the next few weeks.

Also, I have a friend who retired to Port Orange, Florida, who now has dementia. His daughter, who is nearly my age and lives near me, moved him back to CT. So, during my spring break vacation, I flew down to his house and spent two days getting his three hot rods back together and running. I had painted his 1929 Model A pick up and his 1932 Ford hiboy roadster, plus he also has a 1935 Ford sedan. Once all were drivable, a few other hot rod friends and I loaded everything into two trucks and trailers, and drove it all back to CT.

The last several months have been exhausting, and I hope the dust will settle soon so I can resume the previously scheduled programming.

I miss my shop time working on the truck and really expected to be a lot further along then I am now. I'll be back on it soon I hope!
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote