View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: How I built My Dog House With Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgirl View Post
That is an awesome doghouse Papa! My old boy had a store bought one, that was no where near as nice as that! Biggest problem we had with him was he chewed anything wooden. The roof trusses, the floor, the exterior walls. (even our basement stairs when he was in the house) He hated thunderstorms, and I guess the thunder seemed louder in the box, so he'd just stand out in the rain until it quiet again if you let him...silly old dog
Our dogs are both Labs ,,when they were little we had them on our back porch and in a small area.. they chewed every thing up like your dog did ,,but after about 2,, I have them in a home made fenced in area approx. 25 feet wide and 60 feet long ,,they have all kinds of wood to chew plus toys and its in the trees ..I think if you give a dog lots to chew on it might be why they dont chew on the dog house .. dont know ,,but so far they have left the dog house alone..

thx for the compliment, I have been building things out of wood for over 50 years for more ,, want to see the swing I built ? it needs paint but it works.. LOL

Last edited by GOPAPA; 04-23-2009 at 10:58 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote