View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #32
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

So another day at the pawn shop, and then the boneyard.
Went to the pawn for a power sawsall and found a Matco dent/pully puller. I wasnt really looking for the dent puller, but when I saw how versitile this one was I convinced myself I would need it....
Got a practically new Milwalkee Sawsall in the case too, walked out of there with the two, and $200 lighter in the wallet.

Picked up a fuel cell and skid plate from a fellow parting out a 1990 Blazer on post for $60, going back Monday for the Powersteering pump, gear box, and hoses for $50. Will need some cleaning but should work fine.

Then to the boneyard where I dropped another $200.
Got a "face" panel, not sure what the proper name is, fellow at the yard just said he thought it was part of the radiator mount. Gas pedal, door handle and window crank, a guage cluster, a tail gate that was straighter than my original, and a pair of manual remote side views from what I think was the carcass of a 72 Ranchero. I am not certain of the year, been trying to find them in Ford sites and catalogs but not much luck yet. They have the rally sport look, but have very odd cut shape to the mirror that really appeals to me. I will take some closer shots of the mirrors today.

I tried to talk a bench seat from a 72 El Camino out of the guy, but that car is mostly complete and runs "he says" and he wont part out his cars that are in that kind of condition or status.
He has a late 60s early 70s Lincoln that has the pop up headlights. I am trying to talk him out of the hardware for them. He quoted me $100 for the pair so I am going to have to mull that one over. I may just manufacture something myself for what I have in mind.

I got the extra dash cluster for a couple reasons... 1. practice of taking one out before I put my hands on mine. 2. the plastic "glass" on mine has glue from stickers or lables the Air Force put on there and I am not 100% sure I can get it all off without messing up the face. 3. instead of getting a rebuilt and customized set up off ebay, I have one now to tinker with and see if I can modify it myself, that way I have exactly what I want and where I want it. The only thing I wont be changing is the speedo, though I think will roll the Odo back just like most of you all have done.... Yay team!

Pic #1 is my fuel cell
#2 my skid plate
#3 all my bone yard stuff
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote