View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #293
flips72

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Very nice work. To answer your question, I bet if I laid a straight edge on my door it would have the same curve. The most important thing is that appears flat, and lines up with the rocker.
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks alan, any time you can think of something i might not think of please dont be shy, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
great buy on the bed! i bought my bed from my cousin for $250! mar-k has the inside bed lips to fix yours, that door looks good too! did your bed come with a tailgate?? i dont know if you want to fill in the 6x9 holes or not but if so let me know, i got an extra pair of doors i can cut them out of for you!! and i got a question what are you using to strip the paint from the doors and stuff??
thanks chad, but i think i will put my speakers back in the doors, it sure did sound good, as far as the paint stripping goes i use a da with 80 grit to strip the flat areas so the dont get warped and sandblast the places i cant get with the da.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
door is looking good!!
thanks allaboutchevelles
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Wow Flips you did a great job on your door, did you do some shrinking to get it to smooth out for you like that?
thank you McMurphy, yes i did shrink the metal(got the idea from allaboutchevelles) and done a lot of you tube watching...very scary for a novice.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote