View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 09:45 AM   #48
landarts
landarts

Re: Super Cheyenne aka the "Devil Cowboy"

Today's plan was to clean up and treat the back window that was removed, remove the front windshield, strip all the silicone caulking around the doors, and start on the interior paint stripping.

Started with wire wheeling the rear window channel, then painting on with a brush some Rustoleum rust reformer. Got that done and did not have any areas that were rusted through or that needed any attention as far as metalwork. After that, I moved on to the outer cab door frame where the door shuts against it and the rubber seal goes. When I pulled off the rubber a few days ago I could see that someone used a large portion of silicone caulking to glue on the rubber gaskets. I have had to clean this area up before and knew it could be time-consuming and make a mess. I started the process by using a fresh blade on a razor knife and cut off and peeled back as much as possible. Then to finish it off I used a brass wire wheel on a drill to finish exposing the channel. Found a few areas that will need to be cut out and replaced with new metal.

At the front top of the Captain's side door frame, it looks like someone had drilled through the post and into the cab to mount a spotlight. This area will need to be repaired with some new metal and bodywork. Also will need to cut a few sections on the the same side at the bottom and do some metal work.

Pic 1 -Treated area of the back window after the rust reformer converts it to metal
Pic 2 -Pile of silicone from Captain's side
Pic 3 -Hole where the spotlight was
Pic 4 -Hole on the inside channel
Pic 5 -Hole to repair on door rim of rocker
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote