View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #77
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Boss 338 Wheels **GROUP BUY**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
The truck I photographed had 20x8.5's on all four corners. He had a spacer on the back.
Ah. I was confused because you said this: "Anyway,... they are 20x10 (6.250" bs) and 20x8.5 (5.250" bs) with the ever popular 5x5 bolt pattern." I thought you were referring to the truck shown, not the rims you ordered. Guess I could have seen that had it occurred to me to look at the width of the chrome lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I haven't mounted my wheels on a truck yet. My 69 is still 6-lug. I plan to run spacers,... I always have.
I think without them they will contact the wheel tubs.(especially with the 67-70 rearend). My blazer has the wider 71-72 rearend and I have a 5.5" bs wheel on it,... and it is close on the inside. No room for another .725" of backspace.
Okay, so obviously it can be done with spacers, which will cost people about $60. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you've written, but you've really seemed to be badmouthing the 20x10 option when a cheap solution is not only possible but is in fact what you intend to use. Yes, it's obviously something people should consider when looking at these rims, but I think you've managed to scare away several people over what amounts to a minor issue that's easily resolved. (No offense; that's just how it comes across.)

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)